The Best List Ever

K has compiled a list of Retail e-mail, reward and loyality programs that you should know about. Click here!

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Heartfelt Message from A and K


So I don't know if it's been mentioned, but we're only doing this because it's fun. There are too many other coupon and freebie-ers out there who have awesome websites and are always updating and do a much better job than we ever could (unless we were also banking from it, then I feel that we could spare the time), but A is busying graduating so she can teach the youth of the future and make a difference and junk and I already spend too much time in front of the computer. Plue, I'd also hate to have to knife someone because she/he posted something and didn't link back to us. (You know I'd do it too.)

Why the site then?

Again, there are so many wonderful people who sit down and do match ups and find coupons in the little corners of the interwebs but sometimes, just sometimes, A and I stumble onto good deals and steals of which no one else has yet found. (I personally take credit with the Free Fiber Pop-tarts at Target a few months ago.) And we would like to be a voice for the Northern Dallas area - if we find a price or deal and post said price, you can expect to pay somewhere around that in the area, unlike when someone from Florida or Washington State sends something in and it's a drastically different price when you go to the store to score.

And I live in a suburb that includes the next weeks Target ad in their free Friday paper so I feel somewhat empowered on Friday.

So, to all the nay-sayers, I'm sorry that we don't advertise, sell our blank space or include a banner - personally there are some sites that have way too much of that already. It's like a Yahoo v. Google (visually speaking) thing.

But we're here just to have fun as A finishes up undergrad and then takes on Grad school next fall, and I start to plan to think about getting married and possibly move across the country.

With that said, we hope you have a great day!

~A & K

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

I'm personally a big fan of startoutsaving blog. Thanks for sharing this post.