The Best List Ever

K has compiled a list of Retail e-mail, reward and loyality programs that you should know about. Click here!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Confession!


I have a confession - I love gadgets; anything related to cooking or domestication that I can get my hands on I will find a way.


I couldn't justify spending $40 on a Swiffer Sweeper Vac - since it's kind of like the broom I already have and the $550 vacuum that I want - HOWEVER, P&G are making a commitment to reducing their carbon footprint and have now started to sell the entire Swiffer line (the sweepers, mops and dusters) boxlessly; so now you go to the cleaning aisle and the mop is already put together and hanging on a hook instead of in a bulky box with Styrofoam.


What does that mean for us?


Take your P&G Home Made Simple Booklets with you the next time you stop at Target because all of the "old packaged" boxes are on sale - up to half off - at some stores RIGHT NOW!


It's kind of hard to see but the original price was $38, the clearance price is $19 and change AND after the $5 off coupon from the booklet, I got mine for $14! What what?!
And that's not all - my store had a TON of the duster "extend a cleans" on sale for $3 something AND there were a few wet mops out there as well. Oh, and huge bottles of Dawn with hand renewal - I know you can get them for free at CVS this week with the $1 off from the booklet, but try target first because the free bottle is like, 7 oz vs the clearance 32 oz for $1.72. (and if you don't find it at target, then go to CVS.)
The funny thing? The new packages are two aisles away from the clearance end caps and are still full price. I saw a couple putting the exact same vac in their cart - I told them about the clearance and even offered an extra coupon and they were like "no thanks, we're good." Seriously? 'Cause I'm buying the same thing and saving like, $25 bucks. Suckers.
And with that, I end this post. Good luck to you and I hope you find a P&G bargain of your own!

No comments: